This directory is limited to users with paid user access. Please refer to the page below for more information on the content of this directory.
The site is currently being updated, please come back later.
Benefits of Ionic Liquids
Ionic Liquids are low melting (up to 100° C) salts and represent a new class of solvents with unusual physico-chemical properties:
- Excellent solvating properties for a wide range of organic, inorganic and polymeric material
- No measurable vapour pressure
- High thermal stability
Especially the latest generation of air and moisture stable room temperature ionic salts trigger a lot of interest as oftentimes significant enhancements in reaction rate, yield and selectivity are observed and the not measurable vapour pressure greatly reduces risk associated with traditional solvents. This makes them suitable alternatives for the traditional molecular solvents used in organic synthesis.
The web site "Ionic Liquids in Organic Synthesis" is an excellent starting point for both a researcher new to the field as an expert who is looking for a intuitively organized web site about this subject.
- Introduction (10 listings)
- Manufacturers and Suppliers(9 listings)
- Recent Reviews (7 listings)
- Recent Books (3 listings)
- Journals (2 listings)
- Newsletter (1 listing)
- Meetings (3 listings)
- Research Groups (6 listings)