Journals with review articles only
Book series and encyclopedia
Patents are an excellent source for a review of prior art.
- Index to scientific reviews (semi-annually, 1974-, ISI)
Provides complete bibliographic data on the world's most recently published reviews and review-type articles. Indexes over 64,000 items each year, providing full coverage of over 200 review serials plus coverage of related material from over 2,600 primary research journals.
- Chemical abstracts
Review articles are indicated with capital R between volume and abstract number (e.g. 92:R12467g).
For the printed editions, look under the index heading "review" in the weekly keyword index. The printed edition has been discontinued since 2010. It is only available online via Scifinder and TSN. When searching CD-ROM or on-line: combine your term with review or review/DT (e.g. s pyridines and review)
- Science citation index
In the printed edition is a review designated by R on the same line as the journal abbreviation.
- Current Contents
Indexes in journals and book series
- Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. - Index to Review Articles, v.41, supplement 1 (March 2002) [Electronic version]
Provides both an Author and Keyword Subject index to Review Articles, published from 1962 to 2001
- Journal of Organic Chemistry (1978-1985, 1990- )
Lists a few times a year virtually all review articles and monographs in organic chemistry. Each list includes a subject index.
- Review section in Current Chemical Reactions
Compilation of new reviews grouped by journals in which they appear.
- Literature of heterocyclic chemistry:
- Belen'kii, Adv. Heterocycl. Chem. 44, 269-396, 1988
- Karitzky and Jones, Adv. Heterocycl. Chem. 25, 303-391, 1979.
- Katritsky and Weeds, Adv. Heterocycl. Chem. 7, 225-299, 1966.
- Literature of organometallic chemistry:
- Smith and Walton, Adv. Organomet. Chem. 13, 453-558, 1975.
- Bruce, Adv. Organomet. Chem. 10, 273-346, 1972; 11, 447-471 1973; 12, 380-407, 1974.